Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And just like that, Christmas is over.  Anyone else feeling any post-Christmas melancholy?  After weeks and weeks of preparing, decorating, shopping, wrapping and anticipating, the holidays zip by in a flash (kinda like a wedding, no?) and leaving behind great memories and melancholic reflections.  Hope all my dear friends had a memorable holiday as we did!  We tried a few new traditions this year.  We left out cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer (L asked the next morning why they didn't leave any for her).  And to limit our gifts to the kids, we tried the 1-want, 1-need idea (this didn't work, our kids got spoiled by others anyway).  There were also a few things we did not accomplish.  We didn't get the chance to take our kids sledding, even though the weather was fantastic, albeit the no snow part.  We also didn't take the kids to Candy Cane Lane (again, the weather was perfect for it).  And lastly, I didn't finish making our Christmas pajamas so we weren't able to sit around Christmas morning opening our stocking stuffers in them.  Boo.  Hopefully next year!  

Oh, and I have a new friend.  We are BFFs now.  Her name is iPad.  The iPad is amazing.  I've read over 20 books on it in the month of December.  Crazy, huh?  Like I said, we are best of buddies now.  I even spent my non-celebratory New Year's Eve with the iPad.  Together we read The Hunger Games series.  (We did do a countdown with the kids but it was a countdown to bedtime.)

Yesterday, we took down our Christmas tree and decor.  Our house looks empty.  Not a festive thing in sight.  Anyway, no time to dwell on the melancholy.  It's a new year.  A year of new opportunities and memories.  For your viewing pleasure, here are our Christmas photos.  Cheers to 2012.  Wishing all of you a very happy, healthy and wonderful new year.  

the kids making a gingerbread village
 

barely had enough time to make these for L's classmates


Miss L and her buddy Ry getting ready for their Christmas concert


 Miss L's cheerleader


the kids preparing to sing (we didn't get a good shot since most of it was on video)


Miss L and her cousins making a gingerbread house


cookies and carrots for Santa and reindeer


Christmas morning


presents galore

So, I just realized  we don't have any family shots.  Bah.  Another year. 

1 comment:

  1. How on EARTH do you have the time to read 20 books in a month (December, no less!) AND make pajamas with 2 little ones? You are a super woman! I can't even find 30 mins to myself most days!

    ReplyDelete