It's been almost 3 weeks since I returned to work. And I survived. Better yet, I'm happy to report I'm much happier. It sure is easier to be working than staying home caring for 2 little ones. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids but sometimes they drive me up the wall! Working sure makes the days fly by. And dare I say it? I don't miss my kids. I don't feel guilty either. But I do feel guilty about not feeling guilty... I love the adult interactions/conversations at work. I feel welcomed back at work and am surrounded by other working mommies and daddies. And when I pick the kids up after work, hearing them scream "Mommy!" and watching them run to me is so heartwarming.
After getting past the morning challenges (waking up the kids at 6am), going back to work was a smooth transition. My mom watches the kids. No one is going to love your kids more than family. And who else better to watch them than the person who raised you? Someone who I trust completely. Someone whom my kids feel comfortable with. Someone who has unconditional love for your kids. I feel very lucky.
Because we've been busy adjusting to a new schedule, not very many pictures were taken. Here are a few:
Grandma!
Making some Valentine's Day cards for her preschool-mates
Yes, he is walking now! Always trying to keep up with big sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment