Monday, October 17, 2011

Need a Better Camera?

DH's cousin got married this past weekend (and can I just say 830am weddings should be banned??).  I was so busy trying to capture how cute my kids looked in their fancy schmancy outfits that I forgot to take a pic of the bride and groom!  OOPs. 

Anyway, here is L in her traditional Vietnamese dress...is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to take decent photos? 


Here are the two offsprings:

The parents with their favorites each kid:


More offspring shots:


Attempts at family shots:



Taking a nice family photo was my priority this weekend.  I've been wanting a new family picture to hang up but it was an impossible endeavor.  L is less invested in sitting still and staying focused.  So instead of being frustrated about not getting that "perfect" family picture, I've taken a new perspective.  I'm not going to worry about appearances and just let kids be kids.  Their job is to explore the world around them anyway.  What I will do is invest in a better camera to better capture them in their "glory", like falling asleep while drinking a slurpee.



1 comment:

  1. I agree... it's hard getting good family pics! I also need a good camera. I'd like to get a decent SLR, but hubby isn't too keen on the cost. Plus it's clunky and hard to take around with you for those "in the moment" shots out and about. I think I might get a better point and shoot camera that's small enough to slip in my bag. My sister has a pro quality SLR, and I think I'll just get her to take our family shots instead.

    ReplyDelete